Today I decided to change things up and do The Beauty Section’s 30 beauty questions tag! (The Beauty Section website link is at the bottom). I have included a comment section below, let me know what you guys think and maybe answer some questions to help me connect with my audience even more. Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I loved answering these questions. Enjoy!!
1) Do you remember your first makeup item?
OMG yes!! I’m not too sure what the exact product name is but I think it was the Super Liner Perfect Slim- Intense Black from L’oreal Paris!
2) Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
Perfect mascara for me would be something that does not clump! My lashes are already very long so using mascara isn’t part of my everyday makeup routine as I really do not need it. However, an affordable mascara that is a dupe for high ends would be Femme Couture’s Fake Lash Mascara.
3) What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I prefer medium coverage for an everyday look or full coverage if I am going out to an event or party! As I have tons of acne scars, I need something to cover the scars 😦
4) Favourite high end brand?
Has to be Too Faced!!
5) What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Marc Jacobs and Estee Lauder are definitely on my lists to try!
6) Favourite drugstore brand?
Maybelline is a brand that I still use and will continue to use as their products are amazing!
7) Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Depends on the occasion!! It’s not my favourite thing to wear but I love them if I am going to a party!
8) Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Ummm, well I definitely will need concealer or foundation on my face otherwise I rarely carry products with me for touch ups.
9) What is your most cherished beauty product?
This is hard to answer as I have lots but I would say the Born this Way or Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear foundation. Also, the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder!
10) How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or gets lots of goodies at once?
It depends, I usually have a one big shopping spree once a year then buy an item here and there whenever I need to!!
11) Do you have a ”beauty budget” or you spend freely?
I spend freely, it just depends on what I need!
12) Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
I do have a rewards card with Sephora! Also, I try to shop during Sephora
sales that they usually have a couple times a year
13) What type of product do you buy the most of?
Lipsticks!!! I should stop but here I am trying to collect all of Too Faced’s Liquid Matte lipsticks.
14) Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
This is hard to answer as I never browsed a lot of brands, so far I really do not have a brand that I can’t stand or hate. I tend to do my research before I buy certain products from certain brands so maybe that is a reason I do not have any brands I can’t stand right now.
15) Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
Actually, I never thought of this, I think it is time though.
16) Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Hands down Sephora!!! Everything I buy is from there
17) Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I had my phase of trying new products but now I made a strict skincare routine.
18) Favourite bath and body brand?
I tend to buy bath/body products from Lush!
19) If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Too Faced! One of the firsts high-end brands I ever used and will continue to use them until forever!! They have amazing products that I can’t live without
20) What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Urban Decay Naked palettes are amazing!
21) Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Kylie Jenner or Kim Kardashian!
22) Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Ahh no, I do not but I should!!
23) 5 Favourite Beauty Gurus?
James Charles, Casey Holmes, Huda Beauty, Christen Dominique and Zoe Sugg
24) Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
I can’t really answer this as I do have lip and cheek stains in one product but I completely forget to use it 😦
25) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No, I wouldn’t say I am! I usually give myself enough time to get ready so I can take my sweet time putting on makeup and watching some youtube and Netflix
26) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes I do!! I use the Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer
27) How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Honestly barely any, If I am washing my hair then shampoo and conditioner but I rarely use anything for my hair after my showers
28) What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
If you have acne scars like me I would suggest covering your scars with concealer first then applying foundation then concealer again for highlighting!! I have been doing this for a long time now and I love how my foundation looks like. My skin looks flawless!
29) Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Yes all the time, however, I learnt doing my makeup from Youtube or even Instagram videos so because of that I have held myself back
30) What do you love about makeup?
Makeup is literally art. Sometimes I get so bored that I start putting on makeup and creating new looks with the products I have. Makeup allows one to bring out their inner creativity out and that is the power of makeup! Yes, it takes time to perfect a winged liner, putting lashes on or using eyeshadow but practice does make perfect! Bring out your inner creativity and start exploring the art within makeup 🙂
Want to find out where I got these questions? Link is below to see The Beauty Section’s questions and answers!